Konnichiwa! So today I thought it would be a good idea to start learning (properly) hiragana. I'm not going to lie, it's a hard task for me, it's not like anything I've done before and it's just not what I'm used to looking at but I soldiered on and have at least learnt a i u e and o (I've started learning others but got interrupted, so I don't know them well yet).

Despite it being hard it's also been fun, it's a whole new aspect of the language and I've enjoyed it. To learn hiragana I have been using two websites, first I used this website to learn to write them, it shows you what it is in romaji and hiragana, an example of it in a word, how to say it and (what I liked the most) the stroke order and how to draw the character. The other website I used was this one, this I used to teach my self to quickly recognise the characters so that I can read them fast. Simply select the group of hiragana you are learning (also if you aren't learning katakana at the same time go onto the katakana tab and turn them off) and then simply go onto practise and practise away! You can also go onto options and select which fonts you want it to display, I recommend selecting them all so you can recognise the characters in their different forms!

And remember if you want to follow my journey in learning Japanese, as well as helpful info and advice on how to learn the language (or others) please, follow this blog and subscribe to my RSS feed (the link can be found at the bottom of the page). Arigato!

Comments (0)