To learn Japanese I have been using Rosetta Stone, I have found this software to be very useful! It teaches you the language via immersion, which basically means you are surrounded by it, there is no English presented to you whilst learning with this software, it links pictures to the words, just how you learnt your first language!

Rosetta Stone makes learning Japanese fun, I have been really enjoying it and to up my moral even more I have been watching various Japanese programs, such as anime and game shows, it really gives you a buzz when you understand some of what they are saying, even if it isn't much.

I have now completed unit one of level on Japanese, which is the language basics! My progress appears to be fast, I can't wait to start my next unit. I also plan to start learning Hiragana soon (one of the Japanese writing systems) How ever I don't think that I will be using Rosetta stone for this, I found this website that seems to be good, I have also found an Ipod/Iphone app called JPhrases, it's free and very useful (there is a paid version, however I think the free version is superb!) it has built in flash cards and lessons on lots of subjects, one being Hiragana , it also shows you how you should draw the symbols and the stroke order, it's an amazing app! If you have any suggestions as to what helps you learn please post them, I'd love to hear them!

Comments (0)