Now, I don't have any experience with gap years, but I wanted to make this post because I have been planning my gap year to Japan! In two years when I am 18 is when I will be going, so it is a long way away, even so I'm extremely excited!

The benefits of taking a gap year are pretty obvious (immersion being the biggest one, total immersion) so i won't go into them, instead I'll post a few things to help you.

  • The first thing is, Japan is a part of the Youth Mobility Scheme, so if your country is too (if your country needs to be, I'm not 100% sure) then you should definitely check it out, the UK is.
  • If you are considering studying there here is a link to a university there that deals well with foreign students: http://www.global.tsukuba.ac.jp
  • If you have a bachelors degree you should consider going with the JET programme http://www.jetprogramme.org/ It's very good its worth reading about!
  • The last thing i will say is find stuff that you like, stuff that you want to to, the kind of lifestyle you want and work out your time in Japan according to that!
Sorry i didn't have much to say on the topic but it's something I wanted to cover!

This posts random Japanese is: 好き - Liking/love (Note that 好き is an adjective in Japanese rather than a verb), pronounced 「すき」 Or to the romaji users "suki".

Comments (1)

On 25 July 2013 at 20:41 , Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is KC Owens; I’m a college student who loves to travel! While cruising the Internet, I found your site and really enjoyed reading your posts. Personally, I think traveling is a necessary part of life as you’re exposed to all sorts of new cultures and experiences. While enjoying time abroad, I've found it's crucial to fully understand the dangers that you might encounter along the way. These mishaps are part of life and certainly part of travel but it’s always a great idea to take preventive measures to help ensure your safety while abroad.

I was hoping that you would allow me to write a post for your site to share my travel safety tips with your readers? I put a lot of time and passion into my traveling and I would love to help others by offering safety advice as a result of the mistakes and triumphs I've had. I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

KC Owens