I'm always looking for ways to improve my Japanese and why just practise at your desk? You can learn and review your current knowledge anywhere and in fact it can be extremely useful, it enables you to see the gaps in you knowledge, what you don't know and what you need a smidgen more practice.

Realising this I have started doing a few things through out my daily happenings in order to secure my current Japanese knowledge and practise my oral skills a little more. To begin with I have a few rules I have set out for myself around my house, I only speak to my cat in Japanese (who doesn't want a bilingual cat anyway?), I also, much to the annoyance of my family, only say numbers in Japanese and of course the basic speaking Japanese when you can method.

I also do these kind of things while out and about to (although usually in my head so as to not turn heads) but one thing I found myself doing today, which amused me quite a lot, was due to the fact that I work as a part time volunteer at a nursery near where I live, I started to join in with the children's activities but I would translate it all into Japanese and do them in my head! It's great because only simple language is used, language that I know (on the most part) in Japanese.

To conclude, you should really start doing these kind of things through out your daily routine, it really is great for seeing what you know and don't know, if you really want to get into it bring around a notepad and write down what you need to learn, the possibilities are endless!

Comments (0)